Everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway -Coco Chanel

Thursday 1 October 2015

Happy Nigeria Independence Day






Dress, Black Nigerian lace/ Cuff, New Look/ Bag, Aldo/ Shoes, Aldo
It’s October 1st and the first thing that comes to mind it Nigeria’s independence. I am a proud Nigerian and I love my country, the food, the people, the places in Nigeria. However most of all I LOVE the fashion. For those of you who do not know Nigerians traditional wear African lace and a textile called ankara. Which is then sewn in to any type of garment you would like by a tailor. The difficult part is finding a good and cheap tailor. Fortunately I have one. No I didn’t just dress up for independence day, this outfit is from a Nigerian party I attend mid last month. My whole family attended, it in a huge hall full of Nigerians, Nigerian food, a Nigerian live band and DJ.

If you want to see how I put this outfit together and a little clip from the party, click on here.

Happy Nigeria Independence Day. Hope everyone enjoys their Nigerian food. If you have any african lace or ankara outfits, just tag @ShutItEsther to your Instagram post I would love to see outfits and get some inspiration.







No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion On The Reel . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig